New Life / COVID-19 Update
To our Valued New Life Thrift Center and Wash-n-Roll Customers,
At New Life, the health and safety of our customers is always our top priority. In light of growing concerns about the Coronavirus (Covid-19), we are writing to share the preventative measures and steps we are taking to support the health and well-being of everyone who walks through our doors each day
We plan to operate with minimal disruptions to operations, and will continue to stay open regular hours if at all possible. The operation of the interior and exterior vehicle sanitation for our customers is very important in this time of need.
Please note there may be adjustments to the schedule check our Facebook pages for the latest updates.
We would like to share with you some of the preventative measures and steps we are taking to keep our Team and Members healthy and to help prevent the spread of the virus:
All locations have increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures and are repeating this process multiple times per day during operating hours. Additionally, we have increased our cleaning crew to ensure thorough sanitation of all areas.
What preventative measures can you take to protect yourself and others?
1) The CDC describes symptoms of Coronavirus as fever, cough & shortness of breath. If you feel even a little sick or have these symptoms or those of the flu or cold, stay home. A person should be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to work or any public space.
2) Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
3) Use the antibacterial hand gel provided when you come in.
4) Be sure to wash your hands regularly with soap and water and avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
5) Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. And then wash your hands. If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain an infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
6) Practice good health habits: get plenty of sleep, exercise, drink plenty of fluids, eat nutritious food, and manage stress.
7) Regarding the use of face masks, the CDC provides the following guidance:
The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask.
Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the virus, and for health workers and certain caregivers.
What else can you do?
If you are suffering flu-like symptoms or have any medical concerns, contact your medical provider and seek proper treatment as soon as possible.
We are doing all we can to ensure our staff and gym members feel safe and comfortable coming into the club. We will continue to monitor our local public health department updates as well as national CDC updates to stay abreast of all new information.
The CDC Website has a great deal of information, including updates on reported cases and overseas travel restrictions which we are continuing to keep track of. We encourage you to monitor the website as well to ensure that you stay informed.
Contact the health department immediately if you think you have been exposed to the Covid-19 / Coronavirus. Together we can all remain healthy.
In the best of health,
New Life Thrift Center and Wash-n-Roll Car Wash